Following the Government's relaxation of COVID-19 restrictions, The FA have put together some guidance for the precautions that teams need to be making if they are to return to training.
- Groups of no more than 6 are permitted to train (including the manager/coach).
- All coaches/managers must ensure that their equipment (balls, cones, poles, etc) is cleaned before each session and that they have a suitable face covering in case it is required.
- Written approval is needed from parents/carers that they have read both the FA and Club guidance regarding training on the club website, and that they agree that their child can train in accordance to that guidance. This can be via text or WhatsApp.
- Under no circumstances should there be any sort of ‘match’, whether this be 1v1s, 2v2s, or any other format.
- Children will need to make sure that they have washed their hands before arriving at training.
- Children will need to bring their own water bottle to training. These should have their name on it, and they should have it with them at all times.
- Children need to ensure that their shoe laces are tied properly.
- On arrival, parents/carers must walk toward the coach, remaining socially distant from other people, once they are a safe distance away from the coach, the coach will indicate that its OK for the child to come over.
- There will be designated training zones which the children will be allocated. There can never be more than 1 child in a training zone at any one time.
- Children will be allocated their own ball to use during the session.
- Parents must remain a safe distance away from the session and socially distant from the other parents (they should not return to their car).
- If a child gets injured or hurt, the coach will ask the parent come and check on the child. If assistance by the coach is required, they will provide this and will put on a protective mask/face covering/snood (basically anything to cover the face) before approaching the child.
- Once training is completed, the child will be sent back to their parents, one child at a time.
- Parent must apply their own hand sanitiser once they have their child back.
Guidance from the FA
Please also read the detailed guidance from the FA below. All guidance may be subject to change as Government or FA guidance changes.