Ormskirk FC Teams Looking for Players 2017/18
We're looking for new players for the 2017/18 season. We have teams that play on a Saturday or Sunday in various local grassroots football leagues.
If you're interested in joining one of our teams, email email@example.com with the following details:
- Your child's current school year or date of birth
- Details about any teams/leagues your child has played in before (if any)
- Your mobile number
We'll then pass your details onto the relevant managers and they'll get in touch with you.
We welcome enquiries for all teams and age groups (full list of teams here), but in particular, we're looking for players in the following age groups at the moment (using 2017/18 ages):
- Under 5s (Reception in September)
- Under 6s (Year 1 in September)
- Under 7s (Year 2 in September)
- Under 8s (Year 3 in September)
- Under 11s (Year 6 in September)
Most teams will invite new player enquiries to come to a training session and take it from there.
Managers & Coaches Wanted
We're also looking for potential managers and coaches for teams in any age groups. No previous experience is necessary, and a lot of our managers are parent volunteers. We just need people that are keen and willing to commit to managing a team.
Our club will give each person its full support and guidance (see our club benefits below), and we can also help with gaining coaching qualifications.
For any parents that can't find a place in a team, why not volunteer to manage a new team? We will create as many new teams as we have managers willing to manage them. Finding players for teams isn't usually an issue if we have a willing manager in place.
- We're a family oriented club with teams and players for all abilities.
- We will create as many teams as we have volunteer managers for.
- We're an FA Charter Standard Club that's affiliated to the Lancashire County FA.
- We provide all players with a match kit at no extra cost.
- We provide all players with a training kit and club jacket at no extra cost.
- We provide all our coaches and managers with a coaches kit at no extra cost.
- We provide all our teams with a set of footballs, a football bag, bibs, cones and a first aid kit at no extra cost.
- We pay the league/referee fees for all our teams.
- We pay the training venue fees for all our teams.
- We help teams with admin so the managers and coaches can focus on the football.
- We put on a fantastic end of season awards presentation for all our teams together, and every player that plays for us will get at least one trophy at the end of the season.
- We pay for all our teams to have a Christmas party.
- We pay for all our teams to enter 1 tournament every season, and teams are welcome to fund entering extra tournaments beyond that as needed.
- All our coaches and managers will hold a current FA CRC (aka DBS/CRB check), and the club pays for this.
- We pay for all our managers to get their FA Level 1 qualification.
- We will help and support all our teams throughout the season.
- We have teams that play on Saturday's or Sunday's in various grassroots football leagues - the Skelmersdale JFL, the Hightown JFL, the Craven Minor JFL, the Bootle JFL, the Wigan YFL, etc.
- We have good contacts with professional football clubs so we can make sure that any talented footballers have opportunities to be looked at.
- We have a really good social media presence so we can help teams when they're looking for players or looking for friendlies etc.
Our club fees are only payable over 9 months, so bear this in mind if you're comparing the subs with other clubs, as some clubs charge subs over 10, 11 or 12 months. Also note that some clubs will charge extra for match kits or training kits, but we don't. See our full list of benefits above.
- £10 annual registration fee.
- £24 per month for 9 months from September to May via standing order.
So our £24 per month subs is worked out based on a player training with their team once a week, and playing a match at a weekend (which averages out to around £3 per session/match, which is why we charge £24 per month).