These are our weekly football training sessions for kids who are currently in Nursery but are 4 years old.
The sessions take place each week on Sunday's at 10am-11am at the JMO Sports Park in Skelmersdale.
The sessions are £15 per month by standing order (no cash).
You can stop the sessions at any time, so there's only a month-to-month commitment. We ask for monthly commitment to these sessions to help with our planning. We also want to make sure that the kids that attend these sessions are committed to football, as this is the level of commitment we need from parents & players that end up joining our teams when they're ready and old enough.
The club's bank details can be found at the bottom of our Club Fees page.
JMO Sports Park, Blaguegate Playing Fields, Liverpool Road, Skelmersdale, WN8 8BX.
The sessions are held on an outdoor 3G court, so players can wear football boots or astroturf trainers. Players should wear shin pads and bring a still drink with them. These sessions will be held in all weather conditions, so please make sure your child is dressed accordingly.
The main benefit is that we like to put on fun football sessions that the kids will enjoy. These will help the kids to improve their football skills and will hopefully make them enjoy playing football.
Here are some other benefits that we try to offer too:
- Ben is the lead coach for these sessions, and he's an FA Level 2 qualified coach.
- We also have Phil working with us now and Phil is an FA UEFA B qualified coach.
- All our assistant coaches will hold an FA Criminal Records Check, and the sessions take place in a safe and friendly environment.
- Kids that attend these sessions are on a pathway to joining our Under 7s (Year 2) teams that play in leagues once they're old enough.
- We have good scouting contacts at Liverpool, Everton, Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton, Preston & Burnley, so we can let them know about any kids that have an advanced ability for their age. In the past 3 years, Ormskirk FC players have had trials at Liverpool, Everton, Man City, Man Utd, Burnley, Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, Preston & Rochdale.
- We will try to arrange group training sessions at professional clubs if we can. This is a great experience for the kids. In the past few years, our kids have enjoyed training sessions at the Liverpool FC Academy in Kirkby and at an Everton development centre in Preston. We've also sent kids to training sessions at clubs individually too.
- If we can find a sponsor for training kits, we will give all kids that attend these sessions free use of a training kit whilst they attend (which must be given back should they ever leave). We're looking for sponsors so please visit our Sponsorship Benefits page if you're interested in helping us out with this.
- Tuesday at 6:00pm - 7:00pm in JMO Sports Park 3G, Skelmersdale
If you are interested in sponsoring, please check out our Sponsorship Benefits and get in touch.